Neil, a few questions regarding the guidelines you've posted.
- You've said the wiki won't be covering webcomics, but will cover print comics however obscure. Does that include "small press" comics - short-run self-published stuff like these for example?
- What exactly do you have in mind by "UK Comics"? Are you restricting it to comics published in the UK (which I would support) or would comics by UK creators published elsewhere, eg Watchmen, be included (I think these are probably adequately covered elsewhere)?
- What about creators? Do overseas creators who worked in British comics, eg Victor de la Fuente or Carlos Ezquerra, belong here? What about UK creators who have worked almost exclusively overseas, eg Barry Windsor-Smith?
What are your thoughts? --Patrick Brown 14:40, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, small press comics can definitely be included. On the definition of UK comics, for now I'd limit it to material published in the UK made entirely or in substantial part by people working in the country. I'd be open to expanding this definition to include works made for foreign publishers such as Watchmen some time in the future, but for now at least I'd discourage it.
- The third question is trickier. First off, I'd have to say that anyone who has worked on UK comics (as per the above definition) while in the UK is fair game no matter how little they may have worked on, so someone who made most of their work for foreign markets can be included on the basis of their work for the UK market, no matter how small a minority of their output it is.
- In the cases of UK creators who have created absolutely no work for the UK market, and foreign-based creators who have made work for UK titles, I'm leaning towards "yes" for the former and "no" for the latter. That said, I think it might be best to avoid such grey areas altogether until a few more people have joined up and thrown in their views. NeilE 15:51, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
- Fair enough. There are plenty of UK-based and UK-published creators and comics to be added first. --Patrick Brown 16:18, September 14, 2010 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.