Walter Herbert Cobb was born in Atherstone in Warwickshire in 1890. He drew for Sports Fun in 1922, and also wrote and illustrated children's books in the 30s, 40s and 50s. He died in 1955 in Battersea, London.
- Anne Lamplugh (ed.), The Garden Book: An Anthology For All Who Love Gardens, Herbert Jenkins Ltd, 1937
- W. H. Cobb, How the World Was Discovered, Arandar, 1945
- W. H. Cobb, Edible Fungi, etc., with illustrations, 1946
- W. H. Cobb, Atlas of Fairyland, Hutchinsons, 1948
- W. H. Cobb, The Caterpillar Coach, 1948
- W. H. Cobb, The Wayside Painting Book, 1948
- Thomas C. Hinkle, Buckskin, Ward, Lock & Co, 1949
- W. H. Cobb, Guide to Nurseryland, Hutchinson's, 1951
- Alan Clark, Dictionary of British Comic Artists, Writers and Editors, The British Library, 1998, p. 40
- John Lane, Interview with Ron Atkin, Jewels in a Paper Bag
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.